The School Advisory Council is a volunteer group elected by the school community. State law requires this council to provide a vehicle for parent input and communication. All community members are welcome and meetings are public. The purpose of the School Advisory Council (SAC) is to promote communication and understanding among the school’s administration, faculty, students, the school board, the parents and the community. The Advisory Council is an elected body, but all parents and citizens residing in the attendance area of the school are encouraged to attend council meetings. This elected body is comprised of parents, instructional and non-instructional personnel and administration. If you are interested in SAC, contact Dr. Durias (Principal).
The purpose of this organization shall be to promote communications and involvement among the faculty, parents, students, and community of Lawton Elementary School. Such involvement shall be in accordance with Florida Statute 229.58, and shall include the following goals:
- To serve as a resource for the principal, who remains responsible for all decisions affecting the school.
- To identify the school’s strengths and weaknesses, and to make recommendations to the principal regarding school-wide problems. The principal will make the final decision on recommendations.
- To assist in the preparation and evaluation of the school improvement plan as defined in Section 230.23 (18) Florida Statutes.
- To provide such assistance as the principal may request in preparing the school’s annual budget and plan.
- To address any other educational area which would benefit from the encouragement of closer working relationships among the school’s principal, the teachers, educational support personnel, the parents and other members of the community.
- Leslie Durias, Principal
- Lyssa Marquez, Assistant Principal
- Thalia Velazquez
- Kim Lowery
- Madeline Erickson
- Shuranda Gammons
- Dave Pollack
- Kristen Fortier
- Rebecca DeVour
- Shane Trenta
- Nancy Cavenaugh
- Lisa Ramsey
- Cathie Mannion
- Garrett George
Meeting Dates For 2021-2022
Tuesday, September 7, 2021 5:00pm
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 5:00pm
Tuesday, November 2, 2021 5:00pm
Tuesday, December 7, 2021 5:00pm
Tuesday, January 4, 2022 5:00pm
Tuesday, February 1, 2022 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 5:00pm
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 5:00pm
Tuesday, May 3, 2022 5:00pm